This meatless main-dish salad combines creamy, satisfying white beans and avocado. Try mixing it up with different seasonal vegetables.
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- ¾ cup veggies of your choice, such as chopped cucumbers and cherry tomatoes
- ⅓ cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Step 1
Combine greens, veggies, beans and avocado in a medium bowl. Drizzle with vinegar and oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and transfer to a large plate.
Serving Size: 4 cups Per Serving: 360 calories; protein 10.1g; carbohydrates 29.7g; dietary fiber 13.3g; sugars 2.9g; fat 24.6g; saturated fat 3.6g; vitamin a iu 3221.1IU; vitamin c 30mg; folate 261.9mcg; calcium 140.1mg; iron 4.5mg; magnesium 104mg; potassium 1291.6mg; sodium 321.3mg; thiamin 0.2mg. Exchanges:
5 fat, 1 lean protein, 1 starch, 1 vegetable