With only a few inexpensive ingredients and minimal cook time you will have a nice, warm, light yet filling tasty soup.
I ran across a similar recipe on a healthy cooking site a few years ago. That recipe, while nice the way it was, really needed some tweaking to make it something we could enjoy.
This is a perfect soup when you have unexpected guests or need something on the fly.
We like it with a side salad and a slice of sourdough or french bread.
- 2 tspbutter
- 1/2 cchopped onion
- 1/2 cthinly sliced celery
- 1/2 tspitalian seasoning
- 1/2 tspgarlic powder
- 4 cchicken broth – low sodium
- 1 can(s)15 oz cannelini beans – drained and rinsed
- 2 ccooked shredded chicken – from leftovers, steamed or rotisserie
How to Make White Bean and Chicken Soup – Quick and Easy
- Melt butter in large saucepan or small dutch oven.
Add onion and celery and saute until tender.
Sprinkle in the Italian seasoning and garlic powder and stir over medium heat for about 15 seconds or so being careful not to burn.
- Stir in the broth and bring to a boil.
Add the beans and chicken then reduce to a simmer for about 5 minutes or just until heated through.
- If desired you can add a handful of spinach at the end.