We like a buffet with all the family here. We serve a variety of salads. This is also great for summer picnics and cookouts. Keeps well, and serves a lot of people.
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans
- 1 pound wax beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, sliced into thin rings
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ⅔ cup distilled white vinegar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- Step 1
Mix together green beans, wax beans, kidney beans, onion, sugar, vinegar, vegetable oil, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Let set in refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
Per Serving: 112 calories; protein 2g; carbohydrates 15.9g; fat 4.7g; sodium 298.6mg.