Homemade Tapioca Pudding is a cinch to make and tastes so much better than store bought. This recipe always gets rave reviews from friends and family. With just eight ingredients and a little bit of time even the novice cook can master this recipe. There is nothing better than a creamy homemade pudding. Just ask my husband. This recipe, rice pudding, banana pudding, and chocolate pudding are just a few of our favorites.
- 1/2 csmall pearl tapioca
- 1 ccool water
- 2 c2% milk
- 1 chalf n half
- 1/8 tspsalt
- 1/2 csugar
- 2eggs beaten
- 1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Tapioca Pudding
- Soak the pearl tapioca in cool water for 30-40 minutes. Drain any unabsorbed water from the tapioca.
- Combine the tapioca, milk, half and half, and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat stirring almost constantly. Reduce the heat to low and slowly add the sugar stirring constantly. Cook until the pearls are plumped and the pudding has slightly thickened, stirring constantly; approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the tapioca from the heat. Using a large spoon add 2-3 tablespoons of the hot tapioca mixture to the beaten eggs and whisk vigorously to combine. Do this several times to ensure that the beaten eggs warm.
- Return the pan to medium low heat and slowly add the egg mixture. Cook (but do not boil) until thickened to pudding consistency stirring constantly; approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Wait 1-2 minutes and stir in the vanilla. Continue to stir frequently while it cools to prevent a skin from forming. Serve warm or cover with plastic wrap to further prevent a skin from forming.