This simple shrimp dish can be used as a pre-meal snack or the appetizer course. It’s easy and quick to make on the stovetop, especially when the lemon juice, zest, and garlic are measured ahead of time.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- 16 large shrimp – peeled, deveined, and tails on, or more to taste
- 3 large cloves garlic, smashed, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®), or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest
- Step 1
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat until warm, 2 to 3 minutes. Add shrimp, garlic, and crushed red pepper all at once and stir together. Add seafood seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Mix everything together.
Cook over medium heat until shrimp are fully cooked, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour lemon juice into skillet and stir again. Reduce heat to low; add parsley and lemon zest.
Per Serving: 76 calories; protein 14.2g; carbohydrates 2.4g; fat 0.9g; cholesterol 127.7mg; sodium 460.3mg.