My new neighbor, Karen Price, brought us this wonderful soup last night and I immediately fell in love with all the flavors. This was a meal served to the elderly at her church this month, along with a cornmeal muffin and pineapple upside down cake at University Parkway Baptist Church in Johnson City, TN. The recipe comes from Gary Anderson, a member of the congregation. Karen gave me her blessing to post the recipe here. I would have never guessed the addition of the ranch dressing envelope. You MUST try this wonderful soup!
- 1 lbground beef
- 1 pkgold el paso taco seasoning
- 1 pkghidden valley ranch dip
- 1 can(s)corn, do not drain
- 1 can(s)pinto beans, do not drain
- 1 can(s)black beans, do not drain
- 1 can(s)chili beans
- 1 can(s)petite diced tomatoes
- 1 mediumonion, diced
OPTIONAL: SERVE WITH SHREDDED CHEESE, SOUR CREAM, FRITOS OR TORTILLA CHIPS CRUSHED ON TOP.
- 4 ozchopped green chile
How to Make Taco Soup
- Brown the meat and onions. Drain the grease.
- Add a cup of water.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer until the tomatoes are nice and tender.
- Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, Frito Corn Chips, or tortilla chips crushed on top.