For this classic steak and bacon salad recipe, crispy bacon mingles with cold grilled steak, romaine hearts, watercress or arugula, crumbled blue cheese, and cherry tomatoes in creamy Blue Cheese–Yogurt Dressing.
- 4 to 6 thick-cut slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 6 cups chopped romaine hearts
- 2 cups chopped watercress and/or arugula
- 1/2 cup Blue Cheese-Yogurt Dressing (see note), plus more for passing
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Leftover grilled steak, thinly sliced
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Crumbled blue cheese, for garnish
- In a frying pan over medium heat, fry the bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Place the salad greens in a wide, shallow salad bowl, drizzle with a little dressing, and toss to coat.
- Scatter with the bacon and tomatoes then top with the steak.
- Garnish with some of the chives and blue cheese. Serve, passing additional dressing on the side.