This to me is a refreshing cocktail that goes wonderfully with the Spring and Autumn seasons.
While Summer may be still with us, I will be serving these out by the pond tonight… Okay, I will admit it, I am trying to rush Autumn… 38 days and counting.
A great refreshing drink with bitters and sours; it goes great with a cool evening out by the pond under the stars with a small fire going.
So, you ready… Let’s get into the kitchen.
- 1 1/2 Tbspfresh lemon juice
- 1 tspsimple syrup
- 1 ozcampari
- 4 ozdry sparkling wine
- ·ice, as needed
How to Make Spring/Autumn Essentials: Sparkling Sour Cocktail
- Ideally you will want a cocktail shaker to make this drink (shaken, not stirred).
- Simple Syrup
You can buy simple syrup but why bother. Just add equal amounts of white granulated sugar, and water to a saucepan over low heat. Warm and stir until the sugar is dissolved into the water, then remove and allow to cool.
Voila… You have simple syrup.
Put it into a small container with a tight-fitting lid and toss it into the fridge. It should last about a month.
- Gather your ingredients (mise en place).
- Add some ice to a cocktail shaker
- Add the simple syrup, lemon juice and Campari to the shaker, then shake, shake, shake, your BOOTAY.
- Pour into a glass, stir in the sparkling wine, and garnish with a slice of orange, and a cherry. Enjoy.
- Keep the faith, and keep cooking (drinking).