I like chorizo, but it is so calorific! Soy chorizo is a lower calorie and just as tasty substitute. If you really want to be vegan, skip the sour cream and cheese garnishes. (Can be made in a large pot on the stove, if you want to make it more quickly.)
- 9 ozsoy-chorizo
- 1 tspolive oil
- 1 mediumonion, chopped
- 1 mediumgreen pepper
- 2 clovegarlic, chopped
- 14 ozdiced tomatoes, with juice
- 28 ozblack beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 1/2 cfrozen corn
- ·salt and pepper to taste
- ·sour cream, light
- ·mexican blend shredded cheese
- ·sliced black olives
How to Make Soy-Chorizo Slow-cooker Chili
- Remove soy-chorizo from tube and place in crockpot.Break it up with a wooden spoon.
- Heat olive oil in skillet, saute onions and green peppers until onion starts to look translucent. Add chopped garlic and saute a minute more. Add veggies to crockpot
- Stir in black beans, tomatoes and corn to crockpot. Cook on High for 3 hours or on Low for 6-8 hours. Check for seasonings, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, black olives and avocado, if desired.