I was looking for something tangy, and I have always loved the texture and simplicity of a chess pie. My husband loves anything pineapple and I have a love of blueberries. This pie is best served chilled and is fantabulicious on a summer day! I’ve added some lemon zest for extra UMPHHH… Hope you like it!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This cool and creamy chess pie tastes of summer. The sweet citrus pineapple and the tart blueberries is the perfect combination. There is a hint of lemon that mingles with all the flavors giving this pie a refreshing flavor. Simple to make, this pie is perfect for summer.
- 3/4 csugar
- 3 1/2 Tbspall-purpose flour
- 1 pinchsalt
- 1 can(s)crushed or chunk pineapple (8 oz, I like crushed), drained
- 1 cfresh or frozen blueberries (drained if frozen)
- 4 Tbspmelted real butter
- 19 inch pie crust homemade or pre-made (I like Pillsbury roll out)
- ·zest of 1/2 of a lemon
- 3 largeeggs
How to Make Pineapple Blueberry Chess Pie
- Preheat oven to 325. Mix sugar, salt, and flour; set aside.
- Beat eggs until foamy.
- Gently fold into dry ingredients. Once mixed, add melted butter, and the whole can of pineapple.
- Fold in lemon zest and blueberries.
- Fill pie crust and bake for 40 – 50 minutes until set… it will be a bit jiggly on the top. For those not familiar with "Chess Pie" this is a custard type pie in texture, creamy and smooth. I hear that chess pie should have cornmeal in it, I am no expert, LOL.
- Chill for at least 2-3 hours before serving. I hope you enjoy 🙂