This is a quick, light salad. Great for summer picnics.
- 1 1/2 cpearl couscous, cooked according to package directions, cooled
- 1 can(s)chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 ptgrape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2english cucumber, or a piece about 5-6 inches in length, cut in thin rounds, then quartered
- 1/4 – 1/2 csliced green olives
- 3 Tbspchopped fresh parsley
- 3 Tbspchopped fresh basil
- 3 Tbspolive oil
- 3 Tbspwhite wine vinegar
- 1 Tbspfresh lemon juice – about 1/2 of a lemon
- 2-3 Tbspsugar
- 1/4 tsppaprika
- ·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Pearl Couscous Salad
- While couscous is cooking, make the dressing, slice the cucumber, basil, parsley and quarter the tomatoes. Drain the chick peas,
- For the dressing, mix together in a jar with a tight fitting lid the olive oil, vinegar, lemon, paprika sugar and salt and pepper. Place lid on jar and shake to mix.
- In a large bowl place chick peas, cooked and cooled couscous, quartered tomatoes, cucumber slices, sliced olives, chopped basil and parsley. Gently mix together.
- Pour about 1/3 – 1/2 of the dressing over the couscous mixture and stir.
- Serve room temperature or cooled