This is an answer to all the people who claim not having enough time to cook after a long day at work. This entire recipe, start to finish, takes about 30 minutes. It is the kind of dish you really want to savor on a chilly winter day.
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 anchovy fillet, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dry cheese tortellini
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
- Step 1
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in tomato paste and anchovy fillet, cook until fragrant and color deepens, 2 to 3 minutes.
Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Stir in tortellini and beans; cook until tortellini are cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 10 minutes.
Stir in salt, black pepper, 1 pinch red pepper flakes, and oregano. Add spinach; cook and stir until just wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Ladle into bowls and garnish with red pepper flakes and grated Parmesan cheese.
Per Serving: 278 calories; protein 14.4g; carbohydrates 34.9g; fat 9.6g; cholesterol 18.7mg; sodium 199mg.