This savory cobbler for one is based on several 9×13 and 2 quart casserole versions I have seen on the internet. I wanted a quick, single serving tomato dish that wouldn’t heat up my kitchen during the hot tomato season. Canned and 2-3 Roma hot-house tomatoes can also be used in the off season months. I love using the different cheeses and seasonings. A Smoky paprika or smoky sea salt are also good choices. I have also added cut up cooked chicken, turkey pepperoni and sausages. Country biscuits are also great to use if you ever have any leftover.
- 3/4 ctomato, diced (fresh or canned, no need to drain)
- 1 largeegg
- 2 tspmayo, regular, olive oil or lite (i used duke’s)
- 1/4 cshredded cheese, i used a mexican blend
- 1 largedeli crossiant, (fresh or stale)torn into 1/2" pieces
- 1 pinchsalt (optional) i left it out
- 1 pinchblack pepper
- 1 pinchmrs. dash, (optional) i used table blend
- 1 pinchany favorite seasoning blend such as italian or mexican…etc (optional) i left this out
How to Make Microwave Cheezy Tomato Croissant Cobbler for One
- You will need a 3 cup microwave safe bowl and a 1000 watt microwave. (Every microwave is different so cook times may vary slightly)
- Add the diced tomato to the bowl.
- Break the egg and add the egg to the tomato in the bowl. Discard the shell. Stir the egg into the tomato until the egg yolk and white are well blended.
- Add the mayonnaise (mayo) to the blended tomato and egg. Blend in the mayo. No or only a few tiny lumps of mayo should be seen.
- Add the shredded cheese to the mixture in the bowl and stir it in to coat the cheese. Any easy melting cheese will do. It can be freshly or pre-shredded. You can even tear or cut up a pre-sliced cheese (like kraft singles) if that is all you have. I have used all these with good results.
- Add any seasoning you choose and stir it in. I have listed some options in the ingredients. I have also used a pinch of: Creole, Old Bay, and Hot Sauce – Tabasco (3-4 drops)
- Cover the bowl with a damp paper towel.
- Microwave on full power for 2 minutes (to cook the egg and melt the cheese.) Let it sit before opening the microwave for about 30 seconds. Bowl might be hot. I used a cotton bowl cozy that is microwave safe.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave. The cobbler will be hot. Stir the contents. Make sure the egg is cooked (no runny egg white is seen). If not cover the bowl and microwave 30 seconds and stir. Repeat the 30 seconds and stirring till egg is cooked but do not over cook.