You might not think to use hummus as a pasta sauce, but the creamy dip makes the perfect backdrop to the bold flavors of this healthy Mediterranean-inspired pasta salad.
- 2 tablespoons plain hummus
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup canned quartered artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
- 1 cup lightly packed baby kale
- 4 pitted Kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) can no-salt-added light tuna in water, drained
- ½ cup cooked farfalle, preferably whole-wheat
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon toasted chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon Juice from 1/4 lemon
- Step 1
Whisk hummus and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper; cook for 1 minute. Add artichoke hearts, kale, and olives. Gently stir in tuna, trying not to not break up large pieces; cook until the tuna is warmed, about 1 minute more. Stir in pasta. Remove from heat and toss with the hummus sauce. Top with feta and walnuts and drizzle with lemon juice, if desired.
To make ahead: Cook pasta up to 1 day ahead and refrigerate.
Serving Size: about 2 3/4 cups Per Serving: 506 calories; protein 33.4g; carbohydrates 38.3g; dietary fiber 7g; sugars 3.4g; fat 24.5g; saturated fat 4g; cholesterol 33.9mg; vitamin a iu 3090.5IU; vitamin c 75.1mg; folate 164.2mcg; calcium 101.7mg; iron 3.6mg; magnesium 97.5mg; potassium 540.2mg; sodium 746.8mg.