Frozen meatballs save time and energy in this tasty weeknight main, while ground cumin and cinnamon amp up the flavor of canned tomato soup to create a fragrant sauce.
- 1 tablespoon canola or avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 11-ounce can condensed tomato soup
- ¾ cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1 pound frozen Italian-style meatballs
- 2 ½ cups cooked whole-wheat couscous
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Step 1
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add cumin and cinnamon; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in soup, broth and meatballs and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the meatballs are heated through, about 20 minutes. Serve over couscous, sprinkled with parsley, if desired.
Serving Size: 3 oz. meatballs, 1/4 cup sauce & 1/2 cup couscous
Per Serving: Cal 418, Fat 11g (sat 2g), Chol 27mg, Carbs 59g, Total sugars 8g (added 4g), Protein 23g, Fiber 7g, Sodium 698mg, Potassium 352mg.