If you are a mushroom lover this salad is for you. So good
- 2 lbfresh cremini mushrooms washed well
- 1 Tbspeach butter and fresh chopped parsley
- 1lemon cut in half
- 1 cdry red wine
- 1/4 cwhite wine vinegar
- 1/2 colive oil
- 1 mediumshallot diced
- 1/2 cbrown sugar
- ·romaine lettuce leaves for serving
- ·microgreens for garnish
How to Make Marinated Mushroom Salad
- Place the mushrooms in a large pot. Add the butter, parsley, and then squeeze the lemon juice into the pan and drop the lemon halves in the pot.
- Pour in the wine, vinegar and olive oil. Mix well and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove the mushrooms with slotted spoon and let cool. Remove the lemon halves and discard.
- Stir the brown sugar into the pan dripping and bring to a boil. Reduce to a sticky syrupy sauce. About 5 minutes.
- Once the mushrooms have cooled slice into pieces. Stir the sauce into the mushrooms and serve over Romaine lettuce and garnish with microgreens.