This fabulous salad recipe is comparable to what is served in Japanese restaurants. It’s vegan and tastes great! It goes well with traditional Japanese foods and also with American foods instead of coleslaw.
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced (Optional)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root (Optional)
- 1 tablespoon white sugar (Optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ large head cabbage, cored and shredded
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup almond slivers
- ¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
- Step 1
Whisk together sesame oil, vinegar, garlic, ginger, sugar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl until the sugar has dissolved. Toss the cabbage, green onions, almonds, and sesame seeds in a large bowl with the dressing until well coated.
Per Serving: 126 calories; protein 3.5g; carbohydrates 8.1g; fat 9.6g; sodium 207.6mg.