This recipe evolved from the pandemic shortages. For quite a long time, my favorite coffee creamer was not to be found anywhere around where we live. I thought we were prepared for just about anything, but I was NOT prepared to go without my coffee creamer, LOL. So, I made my own and it’s even better than the stuff I used to buy!
- 1 can(s)sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbspdark brown sugar
- 3 Tbspcocoa powder
- 2 cwhole milk
- 1 pinchfine sea salt
- 1/4 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE CARAMEL COFFEE CREAMER
- In a medium saucepan, combine condensed milk, cocoa powder, brown sugar and a pinch of salt until cocoa is well incorporated.
- Gradually stir in whole milk until well combined.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is hot and just reaches a slight simmer; remove from heat immediately. Add 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract; stir.
- Stir the mixture several times as it begins to cool. To hasten cooling, carefully place pan in a bowl of cold water and stir several times until lukewarm.
- Use a funnel to pour cooled mixture into a clean, used creamer container or a glass jar with lid.
- Store in refrigerator.