A protein-packed alternative to the normal chicken salad. This one is healthier, quick, and easy to make. I peeled my apple, personal preference, but feel free to add it unpeeled.
- 1 (6 ounce) container fat-free Greek yogurt (such as Fage®)
- ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup diced apple
- ¼ cup sweetened dried cranberries (such as Craisins®)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ¼ cups cubed, cooked chicken
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Step 1
Combine Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, celery, apple, cranberries, onion, pecans, and Dijon mustard in a bowl; stir until well combined. Mix in chicken and season with salt and pepper.
You can use raisins instead of Craisins(R), if you prefer.
Per Serving: 168 calories; protein 14.6g; carbohydrates 12.9g; fat 6.3g; cholesterol 28.5mg; sodium 247.6mg.