Just another one of my concoctions. I came up with this salad when looking in the crisper drawer and seeing all of the fresh vegetables that I had to use up.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is the perfect name for this pasta salad because with all the fresh veggies it literally tastes like summer. There are so many textures and flavors going on. Ham adds a little heartiness while peas add a pop of sweetness. The two types of cheese pair perfectly with the light and tangy Italian dressing. If you’re making this ahead of time, we suggest not adding the lettuce until you’re ready to serve or it will get soggy. Serve this as a side or a light lunch.
- 1 cfrozen peas, thawed
- 1 mediumsweet onion, chopped
- 2green onions, sliced thin
- 1 csliced celery
- 2 mediumtomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 1 mediumgreen bell pepper, chopped
- 1 mediumred bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cshredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can(s)black olives, drained (3.8 oz)
- 16 ozcorkscrew pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cdiced smoked ham
- 1 bottleItalian dressing (16 oz)
- 1/2 cgrated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 – headiceberg lettuce, torn into small pieces
How to Make Garden Pasta Salad
- Cook and drain pasta. Add it to a large mixing bowl.
- Toss in peas, onions, green onions, and celery.
- Toss in green and red bell peppers, tomatoes, and black olives.
- Toss in ham.
- Toss in cheddar cheese.
- Toss in lettuce.
- Toss to coat mixture with the Italian dressing.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and chill until ready to serve.