This easy and delectable Vegetable Soup is a wholesome nutritional meal that you can pull together in about forty minutes with many ingredients that you may already have on hand. This tasty soup is the perfect pick me up for the winter blahs and for those with the sniffles. I love to serve it with grilled cheese sandwiches, Garlic Knots or Cornbread. For a super hearty meal serve with Grilled Meatloaf Sandwiches.
- 2 Tbspvegetable oil
- 2ribs celery chopped
- 1 mediumonion chopped
- 2 cchopped cabbage
- 3 clovegarlic minced
- 1 tspdried thyme leaves
- 1 tspdried crushed rosemary
- 1/2 tspdried marjoram
- 1/2 tspfresh ground black pepper
- 6 cvegetable stock
- 2carrots chopped
- 1 can(s)fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 mediumyukon gold potato peeled and diced
- 1 cfresh green beans trimmed and cut into small bites
- 3/4 cfrozen peas
- 1 tspdried parsley (or 1 tablespoon fresh)
How to Make Easy Vegetable Soup
- Heat vegetable oil over medium heat in a Dutch Oven or heavy stockpot. Add celery, onion, and cabbage and cook until the celery and onion are soft and the cabbage has started to wilt; approximately 8-10 minutes. Reduce heat and add garlic, dried thyme, dried rosemary, dried marjoram, and fresh ground black pepper. Cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Add the vegetable stock, carrots, fire roasted tomatoes, potato, and green beans and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add the peas cooking for another 5-10 minutes or until all the vegetables are tender. If desired sprinkle with dried or fresh parsley.