A rustic, charming and delightful surprise for your guests. Does not taste like anything else that I have ever eaten. My friends and family love this warm and comforting burst of deliciousness!
- 2 cfresh cranberries washed and drained well
- 1 cwalnuts finely chopped
- 2 tsplemon zest, grated
- 1 call purpose flour
- 11/3 csugar
- 1 tspbaking powder
- 1/2 tspsalt
- 3/4 cbutter, melted and cooled
- 2 largeeggs
- 2 tspvanilla extract
- powderedsugar to dust
How to Make DOWN HOME CRANBERRY SKILLET CAKE
- Put 1/4 cup of melted butter in well seasoned cast iron skillet and heat in hot oven till butter and skillet are hot as oven is preheating.
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- combine cranberries, walnuts and zest in small bowl
- combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl
- toss 3 tablespoons of flour mixture into cranberry mixture
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs, remaining 1/2 c butter, and vanilla. Pour this over flour mixture and mix till combined. Fold in the cranberry mixture and scrape batter into skillet.
- bake 35 to 40 minutes till golden brown and done. Let cool 10 minutes and dust with powered sugar.