If you’re a fan of pickles, this easy pasta salad will easily become your go-to. If you want to give it some extra kick, an additional teaspoon or two of hot sauce will do the trick. Pair it with anything hot off the grill or pack it up for a picnic. It can also easily translate from a side dish to an entree by adding a can of flaked tuna or shredded chicken.
- 8 ounces whole-wheat rotini
- ⅓ cup sour cream or whole-milk plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice from the jar
- 1-3 teaspoons hot sauce, such as Frank’s
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ cup thinly sliced celery
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped dill pickles
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Step 1
Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
Meanwhile, whisk sour cream (or yogurt), mayonnaise, pickle juice, hot sauce to taste, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add celery, bell pepper, pickles, onion, dill and the cooked pasta. Toss to coat well. Let stand for at least 10 minutes, stirring once or twice, before serving.
To make ahead: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Serving Size: 3/4 cup Per Serving: 136 calories; protein 3.4g; carbohydrates 12.1g; dietary fiber 1.8g; sugars 1.5g; fat 8.6g; saturated fat 1.3g; cholesterol 4.9mg; vitamin a iu 407IU; vitamin c 15.2mg; folate 17.9mcg; calcium 28.6mg; iron 0.7mg; magnesium 22.4mg; potassium 113.7mg; sodium 311.3mg.