This Creamy Gnocchi Pasta Recipe with Italian Sausage and spinach is the ultimate comfort meal with an effortless rich creamy Parmesan Sauce. It is one of our favorite meals and is made on the stovetop in one easy skillet in less than thirty minutes. It is a hearty meal by itself but for a complete company worthy meal I like to serve it with Cheese Garlic Bread and Italian Chopped Salad.
- 1 lbitalian sausage
- 1 smallonion chopped
- 2 clovegarlic minced
- 1 tspdried parsley
- 1/2 tspdried oregano
- 1/4 tspcrushed rosemary
- 1/4 tspdried thyme leaves
- 1/4 tspdried marjoram
- 1/4crushed red pepper
- 2 Tbspbutter
- 2 Tbspvegetable oil
- 1 lbfresh gnocchi
- 2/3 csundried tomatoes (drained)
- 2/3 cchicken broth
- 1 1/2 cheavy cream
- 3 cbaby spinach
- 1/2 cfresh grated parmesan cheese
- ·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Creamy Gnocchi Pasta
- In a large skillet over medium heat brown the sausage. When the sausage is about halfway browned add the onion; cook until soft. Reduce heat to low. Add the garlic, parsley, oregano, rosemary, thyme, marjoram and crushed red pepper. Cook for 1 minute stirring constantly. Remove from the skillet and plate. Drain any excess grease and carefully wipe out the skillet.
- Melt butter and heat oil in same skillet over medium heat. Add gnocchi and sundried tomatoes cooking until the gnocchi are lightly browned; stirring several times.
- Add the chicken broth and heavy cream simmering until slightly thickened; 5-6 minutes. Add the spinach and cook just until wilted. Reduce the heat and add the Parmesan cheese stirring gently until it melts.
- Add the cooked Italian Sausage mixture back to the skillet and heat through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.