My boyfriend and his family love cinnamon brown sugar anything. So, I thought to myself, why not make a cinnamon brown sugar Rice Krispie treat? Needless to say, I was begged to make more that night!!!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Rice Krispie treats are a staple in most childhood memories. This recipe gives them a grown-up makeover. The rice cereal is coated in a buttery marshmallow mix. This version adds brown sugar and cinnamon to the butter which packs a ton of flavor in each treat. They’re gooey with a little spice from the cinnamon. They remind us of a snickerdoodle Rice Krispie treat. Kids big and small will go crazy for these.
- 1 pkgregular marshmallows (about 10.5 oz) or –
- 5 cmini marshmallows
- 5-6 crice krispies cereal
- 5 Tbspbutter
- 1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed (can add more if desired)
- 2 tspground cinnamon
- —-cooking spray (to making molding into dish easier)
How to Make Cinnamon Brown Sugar Rice Krispies Treats
- In a medium-large pot, on low heat, melt the butter. Then add the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- When the brown sugar is completely dissolved, add your marshmallows.
- Stir continuously until marshmallows are melted and the mixture is sticky. (This could create cramps in your hand, so stir slowly if need be.)
- Remove from heat and start adding the cereal. Mix until well coated. (I usually add 1 cup at a time for ease.)
- Spray your pan or chosen dish (I sometimes use fun molds) with cooking spray. Spoon your treats into the pan. (I usually spray one of my hands with the cooking spray so that I can mold the treats easier.)
- Sprinkle some more cinnamon on top (if desired) and let cool for 15-20 minutes. Cut into 2-inch squares and serve.