Green cabbage and carrots are transformed by a bright citrusy dressing made with olive oil, maple syrup, lime and cilantro. Serve this easy slaw alongside grilled chicken or fish.
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup carrot ribbons
- ⅓ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 serrano pepper, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Step 1
Whisk oil, lime juice, vinegar, maple syrup and salt together in a large bowl. Add cabbage, carrot, onion, serrano and cilantro; toss until well coated. Top with sesame seeds. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Serving Size: 1 cup Per Serving: 113 calories; protein 1g; carbohydrates 9g; dietary fiber 2g; sugars 6g; added sugar 3g; fat 8g; saturated fat 1g; mono fat 5g; poly fat 1g; vitamin a iu 2576IU; vitamin c 20mg; vitamin e iu 2IU; folate 24mg; vitamin k 37mg; sodium 310mg; calcium 31mg; iron 4mg; magnesium 10mg; phosphorus 20mg; potassium 157mg; omega 6 fatty acid 1g.