Homemade Chocolate Covered Strawberries are so incredibly easy to make and one of my favorite Valentine’s Day treats. With just a few helpful hints anyone can make these easy candies. My family and friends just love these special treats so save yourself the premium charge and make these beauties right in your own kitchen. These delights, Chocolate Covered Cherries, Peanut Clusters and Buckeye Balls are just a few of our favorite candy recipes.
2 lbstrawberries washed and dried very well
12 ozchocolate chips (dark, semisweet, milk, or white, or a combination)
2 tspcoconut oil or shortening
·assorted finely chopped nuts, graham cracker crumbs, crushed sandwich cookies or sprinkles
How to Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Melt chocolate in mini crock pot or microwave. (see notes)
- Stir in 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil to melted chocolate to thin it just a bit.
- Dip strawberries in melted chocolate and place on parchment covered baking sheets.
- Using a small spoon sprinkle some of the strawberries with chopped nuts, graham cracker crumbs, sprinkles or crushed cookies. Place in refrigerator to set.
- If drizzling strawberries spoon several tablespoons melted chocolate in a zipper sandwich bag and snip off a tiny corner. Drizzle over fully set strawberries.