This chocolate cake is made without eggs, butter, or milk. And it doesn’t take long to make. Plus it tastes quite delicious with either powdered sugar sprinkled on top, or served with whipped cream, or ice cream.
- 3 call-purpose flour
- 2 csugar
- 2 ccold water
- 3/4 cvegetable oil
- 1/2 cunsweetened cocoa powder (*see note)
- 2 tspbaking soda
- 2 tsp5% white vinegar
- 1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Chocolate Cake
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Beat with electric mixer on medium to high speed until well combined.
- Pour batter in a greased 9x13x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake in oven for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool before serving.
- Serve cake with either powdered sugar sprinkled on top, or with whipped cream, or with ice cream.
- Yields: 1 (9×12-inch cake)
- *Note: When I added the cocoa powder, I used Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder. Which gave the cake a dark chocolate color.