This dark chocolate vegan mug cake is a brownie in a flash! It’s moist and rich and made extra decadent with vegan chocolate chips melted on top.
- ¼ cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened plain almond milk
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- ½ tablespoon dairy-free dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Step 1
Lightly coat a 10-ounce microwaveable mug with cooking spray. Whisk flour, cocoa and baking powder together in a small bowl. Whisk in almond milk, maple syrup and applesauce. Pour the mixture into the prepared mug. Top with dark chocolate chips, if desired.
Microwave on High until the cake is the desired texture, 45 to 60 seconds. (With less cooking time, it will be more like a lava cake; cooking longer will yield a firmer texture.) Let cool for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
Serving Size: 1 mug Per Serving: 245 calories; protein 5g; carbohydrates 57g; dietary fiber 7g; sugars 26g; added sugar 24g; fat 2g; vitamin a iu 67IU; vitamin d iu 13IU; vitamin e iu 2IU; sodium 270mg; calcium 246mg; chromium 1mcg; iron 5mg; magnesium 10mg; phosphorus 52mg; potassium 251mg; zinc 1mg.