Classic broccoli salad, the perfect dish for a potluck, is updated with cauliflower, bacon and a sprinkle of crunchy sunflower seeds in this so-easy recipe that’s sure to be a new picnic favorite.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 cups finely chopped broccoli crowns
- 1 cup finely chopped cauliflower
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 slices cooked bacon, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds, toasted
- Step 1
Whisk mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, garlic, sugar and pepper in a large bowl. Add broccoli, cauliflower, onion, bacon and sunflower seeds. Stir to coat.
To make ahead: Refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Serving Size: 1 cup Per Serving: 246 calories; protein 5.4g; carbohydrates 7.7g; dietary fiber 2.8g; sugars 2.8g; fat 22g; saturated fat 3.6g; cholesterol 14.6mg; vitamin a iu 2036.9IU; vitamin c 74.5mg; folate 75.4mcg; calcium 46.1mg; iron 1.2mg; magnesium 29.8mg; potassium 360.6mg; sodium 308.4mg; added sugar 1g. Exchanges:
4 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 high-fat protein