We love our home grown pears, and they are an especially good option for roasting or grilling. Grilling pears brings out that delicious smoky, charred flavor, and the heat also helps the natural juices of the fruit rise to the surface. I hope you enjoy this simple recipe. A grilled pear is the perfect topping for this mixed greens salad sprinkled with pecans and chunky bleu cheese crumbles and drizzled with a light vinaigrette dressing. Enjoy!
- ·2 cups mixed greens
- ·2 tablespoons chunky bleu cheese crumbles
- ·2 tablespoon halves chopped and toasted pecans
- ·2 pears washed, cored, cut in half lengthwise
- ·olive oil for brushing pears
- ·2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ·1/4 cup olive oil
- ·1 teaspoon honey
- ·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make BONNIE’S GRILLED PEARS AND MIXED GREENS FALL SALAD
- Preheat the grill on low heat. Wash the greens and drain. This recipe serves two.
Mix the dressing by whisking together the vinegar and honey. Add the olive oil in a thin stream whisking it constantly and then add the salt and pepper to taste.
Use as much or less to your taste when serving.
Choose ripe but firm pears for this dish. Peel and core the pears. Brush the pear halves with the olive oil (vegetable oil is okay) Grill on both sides until just soft. About 5 minutes each side.
Place greens individual in two large bowls, and add the mixed greens. Add the grilled pears, blue cheese and pecans to the top of the mixed greens and drizzle with the dressing. Enjoy!