Here’s my version of Beef Barley Soup!
Very flavorful, and delicious!
- ·light olive oil
- 2 lbbeef stew meat or chuck eye roast cut into tiny pieces
- 332 oz. cartons of beef stock (96oz. total)
- 14 1/2 ozitalian style stewed tomatoes, rough chopped
- 1 largesweet onion, chopped
- 2 clovegarlic, pressed
- 1/4 cfresh parsley, snipped
- 1heaping tablespoon of fresh rosemary leaves chopped small
- 2 ccelery, sliced
- 2 ccarrots, cut bite size
- ·salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cuncooked barley
How to Make Beef Barley Soup
- In a large fry pan, brown the little pieces of beef in a bit of oil. Don’t crowd the pan, do in two batches.
Drain and set aside.
- In a stock pot mix the beef stock with the chopped Italian Stewed tomatoes.
Add the onions, garlic, rosemary, parsley, and the browned beef.
Season with some salt and pepper.
- Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 1 hour.
Then add the carrots and celery, and continue simmering for an additional hour.
- While the soup is simmering, in a separate pot, prepare the barley according to package directions.
When the beef and the vegetables are tender, after simmering time, stir in the cooked barley.
Add additional salt if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!