This avocado chicken salad is herbaceous, bright and creamy. The blend of cilantro, dill and chives pairs nicely with fresh avocado. Enjoy this easy chicken salad over lettuce, on crackers or in a wrap.
- ½ cup firmly packed fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup firmly packed fresh dill fronds
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and pitted, divided
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup whole-milk plain strained yogurt (such as Greek-style)
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- Step 1
Combine cilantro, chives, dill, capers, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic salt, pepper and the flesh from 1 avocado in a food processor; process until finely chopped, about 30 seconds. Add mayonnaise and yogurt; process until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes.
Dice the remaining avocado and place in a medium bowl. Add chicken and the dressing; stir gently until combined and evenly coated. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours. Garnish with additional chives and lemon zest, if desired.
Serving Size: about 1/2 cup Per Serving: 321 calories; protein 24g; carbohydrates 7g; dietary fiber 5g; sugars 1g; fat 22g; saturated fat 4g; mono fat 10g; poly fat 7g; cholesterol 66mg; vitamin a iu 418IU; vitamin b3 niacin 11mg; vitamin c 12mg; vitamin d iu 4IU; vitamin e iu 3IU; folate 65mg; vitamin k 48mg; sodium 464mg; calcium 40mg; chromium 1mcg; iron 1mg; magnesium 45mg; phosphorus 217mg; potassium 553mg; zinc 1mg; omega 3 fatty acid 1g; omega 6 fatty acid 6g; niacin equivalents 15mg; selenium 21mcg.