This is an easy recipe to make and the results are absolutely delicious! It’s a great dessert to enjoy this fall!
- 2 Tbsporange juice
- 1 Tbspfreshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsppure vanilla extract
- 7 cgranny smith apples (about 5 large), peeled, cored and sliced
- 3/4 cunbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cbrown sugar
- 1/4 cgranulated sugar
- 1/2 tspground cinnamon
- 1/8 tspground nutmeg
- 1/8 tspground cloves
- 1/8 tspground himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 ccold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cwalnuts, chopped (optional)
How to Make Apple Betty
- In a small bowl, add orange juice, lemon juice and vanilla extract; whisk well and set aside.
- Cut the apples into pieces and transfer to a 2-quart casserole. Pour the juice mixture over and stir until the pieces are well coated; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/177ºC
- In a large bowl, add flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves and sea salt. Stir the ingredients until very well combined before adding the butter. Combine with the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs using a pastry cutter, a couple butter knives, a fork, the food processor or by hand. Add chopped walnuts and mix them well into the mixture.
- Spoon the topping evenly over the prepared apples covering the entire surface. Tap the baking dish on the counter a few times to compact the mixture.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the apples are softened but still a bit firm.
- When it’s done, let it rest 15 minutes before serving
- To view this recipe on YouTube, click on this link >>>>